I’m not saying these are all about me. I’m just saying if you feel ANY of it, you’re not alone.
You’re not alone if…
1. Your house is a mess and so is your hair and your nails and pretty much everything.
2. You can’t get caught up on anything.
3. You’re exhausted.
4. You want to eat everything without having to exercise, ever.
5. You’re doing your best, but not sure if it’s enough.
6. You don’t know how to use the navigation in your car.
7. You don’t accept “fruit” as “dessert.”
8. You leave horrible voice mail messages and repeat yourself a lot.
9. You get happy when you see a drink with a little umbrella.
10. You fight with the “Hands Free” dryers and soap dispensers in almost every bathroom because so many of them SUCK.
11. You don’t know how to pronounce MEME (or know what a MEME is).
12. You have bad days when you don’t want to be around anyone.
13. You have good days when you want to be around everyone.
14. You made your favorite song your ringtone and now you never want to hear it again.
15. You wonder what it’s like to get 8 hours of sleep.
16. You would rather risk injury by carrying ALL the grocery bags in at once, because that’s preferable to making two trips.
17. You can’t remember anyone’s name 2 seconds after they tell you, because even though you asked, you weren’t really ready to process it.
18. You call out people in other cars who text and drive by giving them “the look” and matching “WTF, LOSER!” hand motions.
19. You love driving at dusk–windows down, radio up–but still kind of worry that a deer will run in front of your car from out of nowhere and ruin everything—for both of you.
20. You made it though this whole list. (And we thank you.) Feel free to add your own YNA line in the comments or pass it on to someone else who might like it! #YoureNotAlone #WeSeeYou #KeepCrushingIt
So much yes! 4- exercise blows. 9- went to Chicago and they used little swords and frankenmuth used plastic animals and I have them all in my purse because they make me happy. 16- I had a ring around my arm for 20 minutes from carrying all the groceries up the stairs before. The pain is worth it 🙂
19- deer are always running around. My friend had a deer run into him! He had slowed down to let them all cross and one wasn’t paying attention 😉
EXERCISE BLOWS!! Hate every minute but we have to do it!! I love those little swords. LOVE. All the colors. We used to have wars with them and now my kids do the same. Not to mention my love for Frankenmuth. Every year at XMAS, yes!!! Always one of my fave days of the year. The grocery bag RING!! I know it well, hilarious!!! The “ring!” I’m so loving you right now. And the deer…why do I have such a fear? Dusk driving scares me but I love it all at the same time. ARGH!!
So happy to hear from you. You have left me with a huge smile. Know that, K. OXOXO 🙂
Love reading this… all of it. Sharing!
I’m so happy!!! I was trying to remember if I repeated myself from older “YNA” posts but I was too lazy to read through all the old ones so here’s hoping… so happy you are here, J! Thank you for being a part of this. XOXOXO
Brian Lev says
In order as posted…
#1 – Never mind hair & nails (it’s a Y chromosome thing) but my house is in such great shape that when I finally cleaned off the top of a chest of drawers in my closet this week, I realized it’s the first time that surface has seen light in nearly 20 years. Extrapolate.
#2 – See my blog for how well I’m “catching up” on ANYTHING.
#3, 4, 5 – Always and Forever
#6 – My car doesn’t have a nav system, but I gotta say I’m pretty good with both my iPhone’s GPS and my Garmin Nuvi. (Again, it’s a Y chromosome thing)
#7 – I’m desperately trying to get the word “fruit” to match with “snack” and “dessert” before I become any more spherical.
#8, 9, 10 – Yep, yup and yeah.
#11 – Just pronounce it inside-out (“meem”).
#12, 13 – Amen, sister.
#14 – I specifically did not choose a fave song for this very reason… and have an ever-growing library of ringtones on standby just in case.
#15 – What is this “sleep” you speak of? I know it not!
#16 – I’ll blame this on my Y chromosome, too…
#17 – Thank you for letting me know I’m not alone.
#18 – I try to not communicate with the alleged drivers around me in any fashion… but I do tend to scream at my windshield a lot… and I do mean a LOT.
#19 – Deer… dogs… geese… idiot H. Sapiens… Not to mention all the fun 2-lane twisty country roads around here are now over-trafficked 4-lane highways.
#20 – Yee-ha! <8-D
(Oh, and how about #21 – You have no love for the guy down the street who took the muffler off his "pocket racer" and drives slowly past the house late at night with his radio blaring…?!?)
Garmin and Nuvi! I don’t know what that is! That must be EXTREME Y Chromosome! My huz doesn’t communicate with other drivers either. I don’t know if I do it because I’m social or mean, or both. I’m mean to the dumb drivers and social with the good ones. I don’t know what a “pocket racer” is either but I’m assuming it’s some kind of off road type thing and I think it’s illegal to drive with a noisy muffler! In case you want to place a call and casually “mention” it to the po-po… 🙂 🙂 XOXOX Love hearing from you, as always. You make me smile big.